In-Person Program General Terms and Conditions
Enrollments are not final until acceptance letter is issued by ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES. Responses to enrollment requests will be sent to students by email or post within 7 days of the application. ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES reserves the right to deny or postpone acceptance. If any payment was made at the time of the application, immediate refund will be made to the payer.
COURSE LEVELS AND ORIENTATION
Upon arrival you will be given a placement test to determine your knowledge of the language, followed by a general orientation. You will then be placed in a class appropriate to your ability level.
ARRIVAL AND AIRPORT TRANSFER
Exact flight information must be provided at least 21 days prior to your arrival. Transfer fees will not be refunded if you fail to inform the school of any changes in your itinerary or if you miss your connections. At all locations, you are requested to arrive the Sunday before your beginning session date and depart on the Saturday following your last day of classes. Participants will be invoiced for any additional costs incurred to a prolonged length of stay.
Students are required to have health insurance. It is mandatory!
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
• Cancellation prior to start date:
25% of the program fee will be charged for cancellations made 30 days or more before arrival date
50% of the program fee will be charged for cancellation made 15 days or more before arrival
No refunds will be issued for cancellations made 14 days or less before arrival date
• Withdrawal after start date:
No refunds will be made for withdrawals after start of the program
• No show: No refund will be issued.
All refunds will be processed within thirty (30) calendar days of notification
RELEASE AND AGREEMENT
ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES and their staff and representatives will not be liable for loss, damage of injury to persons or property howsoever caused by acts of God, war, strikes or government restrictions, terrorist activities, or the acts of omissions of any other parties over which such entities and people have no direct control, including, without limitation, airlines, bus companies, railways, hotels, and sub-contracted agents or tour operators. ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES reserves the right to cancel a program/tour if enrollment is insufficient, and transfer participants to a comparable location. I agree to abide by ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES regulations and policies and the directions of my Chaperon and/or ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES’ personnel during my program. Failure to do so may result in termination of my program immediately, waiving the right to any refunds. I understand that ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES then may send me home at my own expense. I agree to abide by all local laws, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. I understand that I will pay for any phone calls, personal expenses, and any damage I cause to dorms, facilities, hotels and buses.
All fees must be paid in full at least 30 days prior to the student’s arrival **. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the program by ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES. Non-refundable US$150 APPLICATION FEE and US$300 DEPOSIT FEE are required when you first register, in order to confirm your application. Deposit is applicable to remaining balance.
• All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
• Minimum stay = 2 weeks
• All individual enrollments will be charged an Application Fee of US$150 that is due upon enrollment. A deposit of US$300 is also due upon enrollment. Those fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Please, read Cancellation and Refund Policies on page 2 of the Application Form.
• Tuition must be paid in full by June 1, 2021 or March 1, 2021 for EARLYBIRD Promotion. Students participating in week 4 of the New York program, from July 23 to July 25, will be charged a Supplemental Fee of $250 that includes accommodations and meals in Boston, tour of the city, supervision and transportation between NYC and Boston
• The program includes:
– English language program of 15 classes per week (except for week 4 in NYC – see Schedule of Activities)
– Accommodation: double and/or single rooms in units with air-conditioning; full board from Monday to Friday; brunch and dinner on Saturdays and Sundays.
– Arrivals on Sundays, departures on Saturdays; additional fees will be charged for extra nights.
– Weekly activity program: fully supervised on-campus activities every afternoon and evening
– Minimum of 5 Off-Campus activities per week. Please, refer to the 2021 Schedule of Activities of each center for detailed information.
– Optional Off-Campus activities are available for an additional cost from Monday to Friday. Please, check Optional Activity Form for dates and prices.
– Placement test
– End of course certificate
– Class size: maximum 15 students
– Free internet access
• First arrival date: July 4, 2021
Last departure date: August 7, 2021 (see schedules)
• Proof of Travel Health Insurance is required, and it is mandatory!
• AIRPORT TRANSFERS (ask about our group rates)
BOSTON – NYC: $100 each way
FINANCIAL STATEMENT and MEDICAL and PHOTO RELEASES
I fully understand the terms, conditions, costs, and cancellation and refund policy as outlined in the General Information. I accept full financial responsibility for all costs for tuition, accommodations and personal expenses during my program at ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES. NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF US$150 AND US$300 DEPOSIT FEE ARE DUE UPON REGISTRATION.
In the event of illness and/or injury I authorize ACCESS TO LANGUAGE STUDIES to take appropriate action for my care. Permission is granted to any appropriate medical center to examine or treat and make necessary referrals to outside physicians as indicated. I further understand that I am required to have accident and health insurance and am responsible for medical expenses incurred.
I hereby grant Access to Language Studies permission to use pictures and videos taken of myself during my program, for use on its website, social media and publications. The use is granted free of charge.